A world leader in insurance and asset management is currently recruiting a Legal & Compliance Procurement Advisor.
- As a contract advisor, you protect the interests of the company when contracting with third parties for the acquisition of goods and services. In order to do so, you provide first line legal support to the Procurement buyers' and sourcing experts' community on contract drafting during sourcing projects. You advise them on most appropriate position and wording to take when deviating from standard templates based on a contract risk analysis. You negotiate contractual terms with suppliers or validate contracts prior signature.
- You advise on various legal issues that might come up along contracts lifecycle and work closely with Corporate Legal department to resolve disputes with suppliers.
- You drive standardization of legal templates based on the 'best in class' principle. You maintain the contract toolbox up to date.
- You ensure new laws, requirements (internal and external) and regulations are adequately integrated in due time into our standard contracts (e.g. data protection).
- You ensure continuous external benchmark with peers and constantly look for simplification and efficiency in the contracting process.
- You provide training to the Procurement community on topics relevant to third parties agreement. To do so you will lead and animate the Procurement Legal Academy.
- You coordinate with Compliance Officer and other Subject Matter Experts to proactively understand requirements and ensure those are adequately embedded in the procurement processes.
- You closely liaise and work with Group Legal Procurement and Local Corporate Legal to align on latest standards to apply and make recommendation to improve our contracting framework and drive best practices.
- You have a Master degree in Law.
- You have between 3 to 5 years experience of practice in major law firm and/or multinational company with experience in IT, digital and outsourcing commercial contract drafting, review and negotiation.
- You are fluent in English and French and/or Dutch (spoken and written). Contracts are predominantly drafted in English but legacy contracts might be written in French or Dutch.
- You are solution oriented, pragmatic and able to translate procurement and business concepts into contract and frameworks. You are a team player and are capable of guiding other professionals as a subject matter expert.
- You understand in detail all the steps of a sourcing process and third parties risk management. You can demonstrate solid negotiation skills related to complex legal matters in contacts with both internal and external parties.
We offer you a permanent contract and the possibility to be part of a dynamic team recognized for leadership and innovation where you can expand your knowledge by working on large and exciting projects and participate to the further development of the procurement practice.