DE JOBOMSCHRIJVING IS ENKEL BESCHIKBAAR IN HET ENGELS.
• Provide legal advice and support (also in English) to all business operations of our client in relation to life and health insurance law and insurance distribution law (including AssurMifid / IDD, etc.)
• Preparation and review of pre-contractual and contractual insurance documentation (insurance proposals, terms and conditions, etc.);
• Follow up new (insurance) legislation;
• Advise on regulatory matters (FSMA/NBB);
• Advise on insurance related (ombudsman) complaints;
• Management of insurance related litigation matters and disputes and liaise with external lawyers;
• Draft and/or review settlement agreements;
• Liaise with the Compliance team in relation to various legal matters;
• Review / advice on commercial contracts (including insurance distribution - broker/agent - contracts, services contracts, etc.);
• Ensure adherence with Company by-laws and any relevant laws and (internal) guidelines and regulations;
• Knowledge of GDPR is an asset but not an absolute requisite.
• You have at least 3 to 4 years of experience as a lawyer or as an in-house legal counsel in the fields of (life) insurance law;
• Your mother tongue is Dutch, with excellent oral and written proficiency in English and a good oral and written proficiency in French. Knowledge of other languages (German) is a plus, but not a necessity.
• You have strong written and good communication skills and find it easy to establish contacts.
• You are business-oriented, solution-minded and are good at analysing and summarising information.
• You are energetic, enthusiastic and engaged in everything you do.
• You like working autonomously, but also show team spirit.
• You are able to build trust and show integrity by being genuine, listening carefully and keeping promises.
• You have the ability to adapt in a changing environment.
• You know how to work with standard MS Office tools.
Our client offers you :
• A challenging career in a multilingual and international environment.
• Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talent.
• An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits.