For an international bank in Amsterdam we are currently looking for a driven Compliance Officer.
The primary purpose of this position is to review, assess, and validate customer records to aide in the detection of possible money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud and coruption using risk-based approach methods while ensuring compliance with the Bank's established AML program.
You will be responsible for performing enhanced due diligence on the Bank's higher risk customer at onboarding and periodic review. In particular, you will have to determine if the client's risk is appropriately assessed and the client is suitable for onboarding/retention.
Day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct enhanced due diligence for all business lines on all high risk clients; identified ML risks and reputational issues must be analysed and escalated as appropriate
- Package enhanced due diligence findings by means of compliance advices
- Respond to daily inquiries from the Business and Operations departments and management regarding KYC due diligence matters, when appropriate.
- Perform compliance testing and monitoring on KYC focused items
- Participate in KYC related meetings
- Contribute to new KYC related projects
- Assist with other AML tasks
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with all business lines and support functions
- Interact with regulatory examiners and external/internal auditors during AML related audits, if necessary
- Familiarity with the principles of risk based KYC
- An inquisitive nature and ability to spot possible money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud and corruption issues
- Provide a high level of internal customer service
- Strong English and Dutch communication skills (written and oral)
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Great working conditions
- Good secondary benefits