One of our clients located in Brussels is currently looking for an experienced Paralegal to join their corporate practice.
You will be part of a team of experienced legal professionals serving both local and international firms in large-scale mergers & acquisitions and private equity transactions, both in Belgium and abroad.
Our client’s Corporate Practice Group is one of the leading legal Corporate Finance teams in Belgium, helping clients with day-to-day corporate governance and corporate maintenance, as well as complex Corporate Finance issues, such as mergers, acquisitions, capital market transactions, private equity & venture capital investments, and buy-outs.
Our client’s capital market experts have advised issuers, underwriters and investors in numerous capital market transactions such as IPOs, secondary offerings and public take-over bids in and outside Belgium.
The Paralegal will be an integral part of the team managing multiple projects and will be responsible for:
- Document review
- Translations (NL-EN-FR)
- Undertaking due diligence and writing due diligence reports
- Drafting legal documents
- Assisting with preparation for seminars and publications
Please note that this role is a Paralegal position and is not an entry route to an Associate position.
- Bachelor of Laws (minimum)
- Prior experience as a paralegal in an M&A or general corporate practice would be preferred.
- An excellent knowledge of Dutch and English with a good knowledge of French.
- High work standards with a strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills, excellent organisational, writing and problem solving skills with a strong document management skills
- Ability to confidently deal with demanding situations, people and requirements, and to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and manage own workload
- Strong client service orientation
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- Keen to develop and use initiative
Our client offers you a unique opportunity to join their team. Founded in 1949 and as a truly global law firm, they advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. Our client works hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Their culture encourages this - how they work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.