The European Bank Authority (EBA) published in 2019 new guidelines for outsourcing arrangements. At Procurement, we are looking for a legal advisor who takes on implementing these guidelines in our contracts with suppliers.
The department Procurement Belgium of the company is in charge of procurement of products and services from suppliers. Within this department, also the legal aspects as to contracts with suppliers are covered. In view of the implementation of the new EBA outsourcing guidelines, we are looking for someone who can contribute to ensuring compliance of our third party contracts with the EBA outsourcing guidelines.
Some important activities of the role consist of:
- Participate and contribute to the company-wide project on EBA outsourcing guidelines;
- Define, plan and launch the most suitable actions to ensure compliance with EBA outsourcing guidelines from a Procurement point of view;
- Manage the inventory of contracts with suppliers as to impact of EBA outsourcing guidelines;
- Analyse legal risks of contracts with suppliers from EBA outsourcing guidelines point of view;
- Participate in negotiations with suppliers as to EBA outsourcing guidelines, where required;
- Collaborate with Procurement colleagues and other departments in the bank contributing towards compliance with EBA outsourcing guidelines of contracts with suppliers;
- Advise on a wide variety of legal topics as to supplier contracts.
The candidate will be able to deal with legal advice as well as cover for the project/process-related points linked to the implementation of EBA guidelines.
- You have a Master, preferably in Law (or similar through relevant experience);
- You have at least 7 years of relevant experience. Experience in the financial sector and a procurement environment is a major plus;
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch, French and English;
- You have knowledge about commercial contract law and at least 3 years of experience;
- You have knowledge about project management. You have proven ability to handle project management aspects, collaboration with a variety of stakeholders and contributors;
- You have an excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- You have familiarity with outsourcing contracts in the financial sector (prefered);
- You have familiarity with EBA outsourcing guidelines (prefered);
- You are hands-on and willing to engage in operational activities;
- You are a customer focused team player;
- You are a quick self-starter with a pro-active attitude;
- You are pragmatic and a problem solver with risk awareness (legal risks);
- You have excellent communication skills and have a feeling for important details and how they fit with the overall picture;
- You have autonomy, commitment and perseverance.
Our client is active in the banking sector.
We offer you a permanent contract with a wide range of extralegal benefits.
As consultant you will carry out various assignments at our clients in a professional work environment where initiative is valued.
This project is also possible on a freelance basis.