For one of our clients, located in Brussels, we are looking for a Tax adviser.
The role is to assist the tax manager on the different tax projects and/or on the tax compliance reporting due by our client in the different EEA countries, but mainly in Belgium. You will primarily focus on Corporate Tax and VAT, and to a lesser extent to Transfer Pricing and Insurance Premium Taxes.
Your main tasks are:
- Prepare the company’s VAT return and European Sales Lists ("ESL");
- Prepare the company’s yearly VAT prorata calculation and related adjustments (including investment goods);
- Prepare the company’s corporate tax return;
- Carry out ad-hoc tax project work (mainly corporate tax), both within the Belgium and across Europe;
- Keep up-to-date with legislative changes involving tax.
- Master’s degree in law, business or accounting;
- A postgraduate in taxation is an advantage;
- Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience in the tax department of a company or a consulting firm;
- Existing knowledge of Belgian VAT knowledge and/or Belgian Corporate Tax knowledge;
- Experienced with tax compliance work in Corporate tax and/or VAT field;
- Good English oral and written skills;
- Advanced Excel knowledge and excellent attention to detail.
Our client, active in the insurance sector and with a global presence around the world, offers you the opportunity to be part of a team composed by experts for whom the diversity and inclusion are really important. Our client offers you a permanent contract and an attractive salary package.