The Senior Buyer is responsible for ensuring that suppliers of the Banking, professional & Facility spend categories are reliable, deliver on time and at the best commercial conditions, ensure the highest quality of goods and services needed by our client, in compliance with the Group and our client' rules of conduct concerning relationships with suppliers.
The PBE Senior Buyer will:
- Implement in BNP Paribas Fortis the Group’s procurement strategy;
- Define a strategy and an action plan on local spend projects;
- Drive the suppliers selection process on our client spend categories or segments;
- Ensure that savings are achieved through the negotiated global or local contracts implementation and that the internal customers are kept satisfied in terms of cost, quality, lead-times and service level of suppliers;
- Monitor the suppliers’ risk on his or her suppliers portfolio;
- Contribute to internal process changes or improvements that are part of the action plan or necessary for the optimization of the segment;
- Contribute to cross category sourcing initiatives and global process and tools initiatives when applicable;
- Actively participate in supplier management process such as steering committees, supplier risk and performance assessments to ensure maximum compliance to the contract.
- You have a Master or Bachelor degree;
- Minimum 8 years professional experience, in Procurement;
- Minimum 10 years professional experience complemented with an advanced training in Procurement or a sales / deal making experience in the stipulated domain.;
- Strong “Digital affinity”;
- Capacity to challenge the internal client needs, sense of critical analysis;
- Capacity to define a procurement strategy (procurement methods and tools);
- Risk analysis;
- Knowledge of business administration, knowledge in financial analysis;
- Legal, contractual and compliance knowledge;
- Knowledge of procurement tools (e.g. Ivalua, Ariba ..);
- Strong know-how of the Market dynamics and its key players;
- Negotiation skills;
- Project management skills with 5 years proven experience;
- Deal shaping / closing capabilities;
- Knowledge of business administration, knowledgeable in financial analysis;
- You are fluent in French and/or Dutch and English;
- Team player;
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude;
- Good Communication and Influencing skills;
- Good analytical and synthesis skills;
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance;
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment.
Our client is active in the insurance sector.
We offer you a temporary contract.