According to Scrum methodology, the Agile Product Owner represents both stakeholders and the voice of the customers capturing their expectations, preferences and aversions. Along with the Scrum Master and the Development Team he/she embodies the Scrum Team.
The Agile Product Owner is in charge of expressing and prioritizing the needs of the product using a Product Backlog.
The Agile Product Owner has to ensure the Development Team’s perfect understanding of the product and the whole consistency of each Sprint.
Design phase and project methodology:
- Build the product’s big picture including its roadmap and translate this picture towards the development team;
- Clarify the need and draft the product’s key functional specifications according to the agile methodology;
- Iteration planning and priorities definition to ensure the proper content delivery;
- Defines the priorities and monitor the Product Backlog, thus he continuously prioritizes the key business needs;
- Make sure that the different stakeholders become and stay aligned on the product to be delivered.
Project follow-up and support:
- Initiate a priority management approach, ensure the product consistency and quality;
- Actively participate into Scrum ceremonies (agile retrospectives, demo, test labs…);
- Is the decision maker or has the authority to arbitrate on delivered functionalities;
- Conduct Sprints Backlog live adjustments and follow-up.
An analyst involved in Agile projects must have the "Agile mindset" which implies:
- A positive attitude and pragmatism;
- Thirst for knowledge: Agile is about learning and adapting. Knowledge sharing is key to success;
- The goal of team success: Agile is about the success of the team, no individual success or heroic behavior. It is more important for the team to succeed than for the individual to have completed his/her tasks;
-There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback, resulting in continuous improvement.
Beyond the roles: Agile teams are cross-functional. All required disciplines are represented in the team (analysis, development, testing, … ). However, although team members have a primary role representing a discipline, they are expected to take on other roles and contribute to other disciplines whenever it helps towards reaching the sprint goal.
- You get a Bachelor's or Master's degree;
- You get at least 5 years of relevant experience as Agile Product Owner;
- You have knowledge & experience in Financial / Banking industry;
- You have expertise in agile methodologies;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English & at least, an excellent knowledge of Dutch or French;
- You have the ability to see the overall picture (helicopter view) - strategic thinking;
- You are analytical mind – conceptual thinking;
- You have negotiation and persuasion skills;
- You have a structured approach & eye for detail;
- You are quality-minded & goal-oriented;
- You have the leadership;
- You have the ability to manage both budget and project.
Our client is active in the banking sector.
This project is possible on a freelance basis.